The U.S. VRC has a robust training program designed and intended to provide you with new or enhanced skills to fulfill our mission. It begins with an initial entry training or IET to provide you with a basic understanding of the organization and teach or refresh core military skills. Your initial training will also include leadership training appropriate to your position and entry rank.
Very soon after entry, you will embark on training plan to equip you with an operational knowledge of key emergency management processes and procedures. We will equip you with the skill base necessary to perform effectively in your assigned role and function.
Operational training includes but is not limited to:
- National Incident Management (NIMS) and the Incident Command System (ICS)
- Core Disaster and Relief Operations
- Damage Assessment
- Citizen Emergency Response Team (CERT) training
- Operational Leadership
- Shelter Operations and Management
- Volunteer Management
- Logistics and Material Management
- Basic and Advanced life saving
- Instructor and Train-the-Trainer courses